Sunday, March 10, 2013

Parents' visit and new kids!

I was so busy doing awesome things with my parents, and then recovering when they left, that I forgot I have a blog! Also, the new school year started Wednesday, so I have all new five-year-olds! It's been a crazy few weeks.

I keep wondering why my old students are in the six year old classrooms... Some of the new Korean teachers must think I'm crazy because I keep going in their rooms to see my old kiddos!

The new babies looked a little shell-shocked the first day, and they have absolutely no idea why I come in and sing at them for 30 minutes every day, but they're super cute and laugh at anything -- so I think we'll get along just fine.

Here's some photos from the first few days of my parents' visit! I'm trying to get my mom to write about it from her perspective -- we'll see if that happens :)

Yay! Meeting at Incheon International Airport!

The cutest police station of all time.

Subway exit at Gwanghwamun

Getting learned at the National Museum of Korea

In front of the museum

With a ten-story pagoda in the museum

A traditional house in Namsangol Folk Village in Myeongdong

Someone's getting married!

 Two views of Seoul from above

The Han River from the N Seoul Tower on Namsan Mountain in Seoul

On Namsan Mountain

At the War Memorial of Korea


The Statue of Brothers (the elder is a South Korean soldier and the younger a North Korean soldier, symbolizing the heartbreak of the division of the Korean peninsula)


It was cold -- but they were troupers!

My neighborhood

Eating Korean barbecue!

3 comments:

  1. 1)So happy that you guys all got to spend sometime together in SK
    2)I hope the Swan's DO write an entry from their perspective.
    3) Was everyone as sober as these pictures portray?
    4) WHERE ARE THE NOREBONG PICTURES?!

    EH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me how to "guest" blog!!! I have just about recovered from the trip and am ready to write!!! I don't think we have many pics from Noraebong---just a few video clips!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be happy to see the videos!

      Delete