Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Some Fall photos

Today one of my co-teachers had to leave school early, so I had both first grade classes combined in one room. It was a little crowded, but it's so much more fun to play games with twice as many kids! Here they are working on their "rainbow words" which is really just a tricky way to get them to write their spelling words multiple times -- they get to write them in different colors.


On the left is one of the students who has an American dad and Korean mom. Check out these sweet character hoods. It's getting so cold, and I can't wait to see more of them!


The Cherry five year olds were being goofy for the camera. They all turn on the charm whenever someone points a cell phone their way, so it's hard to catch them standing still!


These are two of my absolute favorite students. THEY ARE THE CUTEST. Their names are Mason and Jacob, and they have the best personalities. They're both so energetic and happy, but really smart too! Here, Mason's putting on his shoes because it's time to go home.


This sign is how I found my new apartment my first few days here. This has to be the most accurate depiction of a child's barbershop experience ever.


Fall is here! Also, Koreans only seem to buy cars in white, silver, and black. It took me awhile to realize why the roads looked so strange -- there are no colorful cars whatsoever. The Fast and the Furious meets Fifty Shades of Grey.


I know I need to start taking pictures of my food, but other than that do you guys have any other photo requests? Let me know and I'll see what I can do^^ (Korean smiley face). My cell phone camera isn't spectacular, but it gets the job done!

1 comment:

  1. OMG...I almost bought you a character hat but they only had children's sizes.

    I love the pictures that you are in, too!

    I hadn't realized how modernized S. Korea was---didn't expect streets like this picture...thought more like the one or two-lane roads and a bunch of crazy drivers!!!

    More pictures of the city would be great, too. Thanks!!!

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete