Monday, August 27, 2012

8/27: Private parts and typhoon day

Maybe it's the typhoon in the air or something, but the kids were crazy at school today. The boys seemed to be obsessed with their private parts: one kid kept putting his hand down his pants then smelling it, two six-year-olds drew boy parts on their Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly cut-outs, and when talking about long e sounds, the first grade boys found it necessary to act out the difference between he and she.

Oh, and another kid poked me in the butt. Thinking about it now, it's conditioning me to never turn my back on students -- they're making me a better teacher!

The kid who gave me a hard time last week did so again today, but his classroom teacher came in and talked to him for a bit and he seemed to shape up after that. Hopefully, this won't be an every Monday and Wednesday occurrence.

After school, I planned a bit, but most of the talk was about the typhoon scheduled to hit Korea tomorrow afternoon. They're predicting it'll be pretty bad, so we taped up the windows and moved the computers. Apparently, all schools are supposed to be canceled tomorrow, and the VP made the call before noon today that all the classes are indeed canceled, but the teachers still have to come in. I'm thinking it can't be THAT bad if they're making us come in to school.

One of the other teachers said that sometimes they shut down public transportation if it gets too bad though, so I hope we don't get stuck at school! Maybe they'll let us go early... Honestly, it'll be nice to have a planning/grading day with no interruptions. Thanks, Typhoon Bolaven!

And in case you're wondering what the difference is between a typhoon and a hurricane (like I was) -- there is no difference! You learn something every day... I'll keep you updated on the typhoon as best I can, but I'm thinking my wifi will probably go down for awhile... Better download some movies now!

No comments:

Post a Comment