Wednesday, August 29, 2012

8/30: School daze

I'm updating this from school because my wifi has been hit or miss at home.

I successfully survived the typhoon(s?) with all my limbs intact. It actually wasn't that bad: just some strong winds and a bit of rain. I'm not sure if it lost steam or missed us or what -- it's hard to find local news coverage in English.

My school days have been very busy with the end of the month fast approaching. We have to finish up and grade this month's books, write progress reports, prepare and plan the new books, and continue planning and teaching kindergarten, supplementary classes, and the elementary classes in the afternoon. I have also begun tutoring one-on-one after school with the most difficult child I have ever met.

The time at school definitely flies by! Gotta go -- potatoes and weird mashed stuff for lunch!

1 comment:

  1. Was glad to hear the typhoon wasn't that bad...was worried about you!!! Mostly after the fact, though----when Dad told me he had been worried, too!!! I didn't realize how strong a typhoon could be!!!

    You'll have to update us on the "weird" mashed stuff!!! ha

    Have a good day!!

    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete