Friday, September 14, 2012

9/14: Surprise, surprise


I am surprised how much I miss:
  • Being able to read any sign
  • Driving a car
  • Being in college, and with 20 other education majors all the time, reading academically, etc.
  • Mizzou/Columbia/Missouri in general, especially football season
  • Columbia Public Schools and Jumpstart
  • Daniel Boone Regional Library
  • The Olympics (this has nothing to do with my location, but it’s true!)
  • Knowing my way around my city/state/country
  • Talking politics with people who care
  • Talking to strangers
  • My bed
  • Listening to the radio
  • Long Islands
  • Other ethnicities and their foods (I’m talking to you, Chinese food)
  • Texting friends in the U.S.
  • Just watching regular TV
  • Bathtubs
  • Friends and family
I am surprised how much I enjoy:
  • Living alone
  • My neighborhood/city location
  • Trying to speak Korean
  • Working 45+ hour weeks all at one place
  • Small Asian children
  • Moderately-sized Asian children
  • Free stuff (rent, food, etc.)
  • Seeing old friends
  • City living
  • Hearing “Gangnam Style” every time I go anywhere (ask me again in a month, though)
  • Doing whatever I want, whenever I want
  • My school and its staff
  • Noraebongs
  • Blogging
  • Representing the U.S. in a positive way
  • Downloading TV shows and movies illegally
  • Making good money
  • Hiking
  • My new Google phone – Gmail has never run so smoothly!
  • Learning so many new things about myself and the world
  • Public transportation
  • Kimchi
Sickness watch 2012: Not surprisingly, teaching all day made my throat worse. In general though, I feel better, so maybe I'm actually fighting this thing off... Must be all the kimchi I had yesterday when we had anchovies and mushed beans for lunch...

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to just list "Erica" under things you miss most #OCS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a list of things I'm SURPRISED I miss, and I'm just not surprised about that one.

      Remember that one time you challenged me to race you back to my house, but then you pulled over to admit you didn't know how to get back to my house? I still laugh about that from time to time and confuse people around me.

      Delete