Thursday, September 20, 2012

9/20: Working (illegally?) for the weekend

It's Thursday night, and I'm going to sleep/watching some Parks and Rec on Netflix. The past few days have been good despite my mini-sickness.

Yesterday, we actually had the whole morning off because representatives from the Department of Education came in for an inspection, and apparently we're not technically supposed to be teaching the kindergarten classes, just the elementary kids... I'm not really sure what the deal is there... But yay for sleeping in!

We had my favorite Korean dish for lunch today -- jap chae -- stir fried noodles and veggies. After having it during Swine '09, I've made it with friends back home a few times. It's really easy to make and very tasty. Here's a really awkward video that shows how to make it!



After work today I wired money to my U.S. bank account. The amount after the exchange was a bit disappointing, but it's nice to be able to save at all.

For this weekend, I'm planning on some late night shopping in Dongdaemun -- a famous market -- and a trip to the National Museum of Korea in Seoul. There's also a park there so I'm going to take my book and make a day out of it!

How lucky am I that I get to plan my weekends in one of the biggest cities in the world?! Sometimes I just can't believe it. I'll have to get to the Seoul Zoo before it gets cold, and I'm planning on heading back down to Gwangju in a few weeks for the Kimchi Festival! I'm sure both places are going to smell delightful!

1 comment:

  1. Am looking forward to the jap chae video!!! Be sure to get some "Seoul" food while there...

    Money isn't everything, Laura, what a ride you are experiencing!!!!

    After your money comment, you mention shopping in the next sentence...hmmmm...lol (You've learned from the best!!)

    Love & miss you!!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete