Tuesday, September 25, 2012

9/25: Lust in translation

I can't help but laugh when the Korean teachers try to use English and tell the kids to "shit down."

The kids are just as bad. Here's a few snapshots from last week's spelling test (my corrections are in blue pen).

"this"


Incorrigible.

My favorite, however, is from one of my lowest students:


Why does he know these women's names?! Also, we spent two weeks with these spelling words. Come on, man. So frustrating!

I also got a poke in the butt and a boob-grab from students today. Oh, how Koreans love physical humor.  In other news: I was informed my new name is "Laura Teacher Dinosaur Baby Flying Spaghetti Monster." So that's gonna be tough to fit on a check.

Despite all the funny moments, this has been a long week, and it's only Tuesday. We have progress reports due for the kindergarten students, grading and returning old books, prepping for new books, and parent-teacher conferences. Maybe I should give more spelling tests for my own amusement...

Luckily, next week is Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving)! The celebrations start Thursday and Friday of this week, then we get Monday through Wednesday off next week! What up, five-day weekend.





Aaaaand no, I couldn't have just picked one dancing gif. Do you know how many dancing gifs there are to choose from?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment